It is nice and cool outside, beautiful Fall weather. We are noticing decorations around town and lots of Halloween events coming up this week.
We have several community reminders for you-
- Early Voting Start 22 Oct 2012 8:00 AM End 02 Nov 2012 5:00 PM Location Giddings Public Library, 276 N. Orange St. Early Voting. October 22-November 2, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm at the Giddings Public Library, 276 N. Orange Street, On election day voters must vote in their precinct where they are registered to vote. The Giddings Times & News has more information in their Wed Oct 10th paper.
- Immanuel Lutheran Fall Festival When 31 Oct 2012 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Location Immanuel Lutheran Church on Hwy 77 Immanuel Lutheran Fall Festival at the ILS Gym. Wednesday, Oct 31, 6:00pm-8:00pm. Games, candy, costume parade, cake walk, full concession stand with pizza and hotdogs & popcorn and cotton candy. Come for a fun evening in a safe, positive environment. Ring Toss - Treasure Hunt - Basketball Throw - Wheel of Fortune - Cake Walk - Golf Putting - Plinko - Bean Bag Toss. 2 blocks north of Hwy 290 on Hwy 77. Sponsored by Immanuel PTL and our great business friends. Thank you!
- Fall Festival - 31 Oct 2012 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM Location First Baptist Church, Giddings Fall Festival at the First Baptist Church in Giddings, Wednesday, Oct 31- 5:30pm-7:30pm >>>> Inflatables - horse rides - hayrides - s'mores - food - trick or treats! It's free! Come on out and join us on Halloween night.
- CHAMBER NETWORKING LUNCHEONS RETURN! We will meet at Los Patrones from 11:30 to 1pm. Bring your business cards and brochures or information about your business. Come hear the latest on business growth in our community. Lunch is $10 per person. We meet in the private dining hall. Call or email to reserve your seat.
- Chili Supper - Giddings Noon Lions, 02 Nov 2012, 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM, Giddings High School Cafeteria
- Giddings Noon Lions Club Chili Supper, Friday, November 2, 2012, at the Giddings High School Cafeteria. Serving begins at 4:30pm til 7:15pm. Take-out orders available. Proceeds to benefit GHS Scholarship Funds and other local needs.
- Ticket price $6.00