We hope you are looking forward to a wonderful summer season. We are busy here getting ready for the many wonderful activities that happen over the next several months. Please take time to put these items on your calendar. Let us know if we missed an event that you are aware of in our community, but hasn’t been put on the list. We look forward to advertising and promoting our community.
Welcome Home to Master Sergeant Dan Sherfy
Love, Your Family!
- •· May 31st - Community Blood Drive is Thursday, from 8:30am to 2:30pm at Immanuel Lutheran Fellowship Hall.
- •· June 1st - Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening for Stoney’s Liquor, located at the former Jambalaya property at 3:00pm on Friday. Food, fun & networking will be going on all afternoon.
Month of JuneJune – Texas Ten Pin Tournament is going on all month, every weekend.
* June 4th - Country Music Monday & Lone Star Opry is Monday, at 7:30pm.
* June 4th - Ribbon Cutting for Lee County Youth Center at 5:30pm on Monday.
* June 12th - Constant Contact Seminar from 9:30am – 2:30pm.
* June 8-9th - Relay for Life Event at 7pm at Buffalo Stadium
* June 9th - City of Giddings Golf Tournament at Giddings Municipal Golf Course on Saturday.
* June 14-16th - AAU Track Meet at Buffalo Stadium, with 2500 youth track runners & their families.
* June 19th - Giddings Chamber Board of Directors meeting at CNB meeting room at noon.
* June 24-26th - TCCE Annual Conference –in Bastrop at Lost Pines Conference Center
* June 26 - Get Listed University. Learn how your business can use the web to get more customers!
* June 29th & 30th - Quilt Show at Giddings High School
* July 2nd – Country Music Monday
* July 4th – Giddings Volunteer Firemen’s Annual Celebration at Firemen’s Park/Fireworks
* July 7th – Wounded Warrior Mud Run at Lee County Fair Grounds
* July 7th – Jammin’ July Championship Rodeo & Josh Abbott Concert at Lee County Sheriff’s Posse Arena
* July 8th – Festival Hill BBQ Banquet at the Depot Dock for Festival Hill Institute Students & Faculty
* July 14th – Lions Club Golf Tournament
* July 28th – Booster Club Golf Tournament
* August 10th - Rotary Club Fun Night at American Legion Hall
* August 11th –South Lee County Fire Department BBQ followed by Live Auction.
* August 14th - Chamber Banquet at Landmark Event Center
* August 21st – Chamber Board of Directors Meeting
* August 24-25th – Giddings Swap Meet at Lee County Fair Grounds
* August 25th – Denim & Diamonds Gala Fundraiser sponsored by the Giddings New Horizons Lions Club
I Might Be A Cracked Pot!
As a manager I hope you find this story of value.
There was once a man who had two large clay pots which he hung on the ends of pole he carried across his neck when he went to fetch water from a stream. One of the pots had a small crack in it while the other was perfect. The perfect pot always brought home a portion of water while the cracked pot returned home barely half full.
For years the man returned from the stream with only one and a half pots of water. The perfect pot was very proud of its accomplishment; however the cracked pot was ashamed of its imperfection and felt terrible that it was only able to accomplish half of what it was intended to do.
One day while kneeling by the stream to fill his two pots the cracked pot spoke to the man "I am sorry Sir and want to apologize to you." "Why? asked the man "What are you sorry about?" "Because of my flaw, I only give you half a load – never have I given you what you expected" said the cracked pot.
The man remained quiet and continued to fill both his pots. When he put his pole over his neck with his two pots attached he looked at the cracked pot and said "Today as we walk home I want you to look down at the path as we walk home". As they walked home the cracked pot did what he was told; he looked down at the path. When they arrived home half the water in the cracked pot had leaked out and it was feeling sorry for itself.
When the man put down his pole he asked the cracked pot, "Did you notice anything along the path on our way home?” “Yes” replied the cracked pot. “I noticed beautiful flowers grew along our path.” "You're right" said the man "flowers do grow along our path. However did you notice they only grow on one side of the path and not the other?
You see I have always known about your flaw and I decided to take advantage of it. I only planted flower seeds on your side of the path. Every day as we walked back from the stream you watered my seeds. Because of you we have always had an abundance of beautiful flowers to decorate our home and share with friends. Without your flaw I would never have had this all beauty in my life”.
Remember we all have employees - just like the cracked pot. They have their flaws. Rather than lament their imperfections maybe we acknowledge their flaws and take advantage of them. Our goal should be to use our resources to make our organizations better.
Have a Great WEEK!